There are three methods to update your theme, but the most important thing, you will know how to backup your website before updating.
Theme Settings Backup
- Open your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Dahz Config > Export
- Click “Download Export File”.
- Then browser automatically download .json file, keep it safe, you will need this file to restore your theme setting.
Via Envato Toolkit
- Install Plugin named Envato Toolkit and activate it.
- To establish an Envato Marketplace API connection navigate to the `Envato Toolkit` page and insert your Marketplace username and secret API key in the designated input fields. To obtain your API Key, visit your “My Settings” page on any of the Envato Marketplaces.
- To retrieve your Themeforest API Key. Log In into Themeforest Account. Go to My Settings > API Key
- Once the API connection has been established you will see a list of themes that can be auto installed. If you don’t see any themes and are certain you’ve done everything correct, there is a good chance the theme author has not updated their theme to be available for auto install and update. If that’s the case, please contact the theme author and ask them to update their theme’s information..
- Click “update automatically” then you will get popup “Updating this theme will detele …” and you will get following message indicates update done.
NOTE: In some cases, you will not lose your customizer settings eventhough the notice say otherwise.
- Open your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Deactivate current Verko Theme and activate other theme (twenty fifteen).
- You can delete current Verko Theme.
- You can upload again new Verko Theme and activate it again.
- Go to Dahz Config > Import, browse your Dahz Config backup
- Click “Choose File” then browser your backup .json file.
- You will get notification that indicated you’ve imported it successfully.
You can update your theme via FTP. With this method, you do not need to import / export .json
- Login into FTP account.
- Browse to this directory wp-content > themes .
- Delete current Verko folder.
- Upload unzipped Verko folder.
- Make sure that you’ve uploaded all the files successfully.